List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Rajeev Prasad Date:August 8 2012 5:19pm
Subject:changing mySQL table name screws phpMyAdmin?? reverting change fixes??
View as plain text
I changed a name of the table from within phpMyAdmin, and immediately it crapped. after
that when I try to connect using phpMyAdmin (/phpMyAdmin/index.php) I get error in log:
[Wed Aug 0814:18:582012][error]Query call failed:Table'mydb.mychangedtbls'doesn't exist
(1146)
(I changed the name from mychangedtbls to mychangedtbl)
mychangedtbl is the table whose name was changed. this issue is only in phpMyAdmin, I am
able to access the database and tables find from CLI. I restarted mySQL, but that did not
fix. Seems like something is stuck for phpMyAdmin. I restarted browser also but that didnt
help either.
when i rename this particular table back to what it was using command line, myphphAmin
works fine again. here is the structure of this table:

    mysql>DESCRIBE mychangedtbl;
    +-----------+-------------+------+-----+---------+-------+
    |Field     |Type
 |Null|Key|Default|Extra |
    +-----------+-------------+------+-----+---------+-------+
    |userid    |char(6)    |NO   |PRI |NULL
 |      |
    |userpass  |varchar(40)|NO   |    |NULL
 |      |
    |userlevel |char(3)    |NO   |    |o
  |      |
    |userpcip  |varchar(45)|NO   |    |NULL
 |      |
    4rows inset(0.00sec)
mysql>

column userpass has Collation = asci_bin which it does not show in above output, other
columns are ascii_general_ci
pl advice.
ty. Rajeev
Thread
changing mySQL table name screws phpMyAdmin?? reverting change fixes??Rajeev Prasad8 Aug
  • RE: changing mySQL table name screws phpMyAdmin?? reverting changefixes??Rick James8 Aug