List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Per Jessen Date:August 8 2012 6:26am
Subject: UDF writing to unix socket - segfaults?
View as plain text
I am writing a UDF for sending messages to a local daemon. I've been
trying to make it use a UNIX socket, but it keeps segfaulting on
connect() or sendto().  I have double and tripled checked everything,
but I'm not finding anything.

After a day or two, I finally decided to switch to UDP and writing to
localhost instead, which works fine.  I still feel writing to a UNIX
socket ought to work and even if I've got a permission issue or
similar, a segfault is not the appropriate handling. Any clues?

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (16.5°C)

Thread
UDF writing to unix socket - segfaults?Per Jessen8 Aug
  • RE: UDF writing to unix socket - segfaults?Martin Gainty8 Aug
  • RE: UDF writing to unix socket - segfaults?Per Jessen8 Aug