List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Perrin Harkins Date:August 7 2012 8:24pm
Subject:Re: trouble with perl
View as plain text
Hi,

This probably means you changed your MySQL libraries but didn't
recompile or reinstall DBD::mysql,  Usually this kind of issue is
solved by reinstalling DBD::mysql in the same way that you previously
installed it, so it can build against your current libraries.

- Perrin

On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 5:42 PM, Elim Qiu <elim.qiu@stripped> wrote:
> To populate table for a perl forum, I got the following error:
>
> aMac:mwf elim$ perl install.pl
> dyld: lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found: _mysql_init
>   Referenced from:
> /Library/Perl/5.10.0/darwin-thread-multi-2level/auto/DBD/mysql/mysql.bundle
>   Expected in: flat namespace
>
> dyld: Symbol not found: _mysql_init
>   Referenced from:
> /Library/Perl/5.10.0/darwin-thread-multi-2level/auto/DBD/mysql/mysql.bundle
>   Expected in: flat namespace
>
> My OS is Mac OS X 10.6.8 64 bit, Apple built-in perl is 5.10.0 (64bit) and
> MySQL is newly upgraded to 5.5.27 MySQL Community Server (GPL) (64bit)
>
> I don't know how to make DBD:mysql work. Any idea is appreciated.... Maybe
> I have to get mysql source and compile/install it with custom options?
Thread
trouble with perlElim Qiu6 Aug
  • RE: trouble with perlBenjamin Stillman7 Aug
    • Re: trouble with perlElim Qiu7 Aug
  • Re: trouble with perlPerrin Harkins7 Aug
    • Re: trouble with perlElim Qiu8 Aug
      • Re: trouble with perlPerrin Harkins8 Aug
RE: trouble with perlMartin Gainty8 Aug
  • RE: trouble with perlDaWiz9 Aug