List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Benjamin Stillman Date:August 7 2012 12:49pm
Subject:RE: trouble with perl
View as plain text

-----Original Message-----
From: Elim Qiu [mailto:elim.qiu@stripped]
Sent: Monday, August 06, 2012 5:42 PM
To: mysql@stripped
Subject: trouble with perl

To populate table for a perl forum, I got the following error:

aMac:mwf elim$ perl
dyld: lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found: _mysql_init
  Referenced from:
  Expected in: flat namespace

dyld: Symbol not found: _mysql_init
  Referenced from:
  Expected in: flat namespace

My OS is Mac OS X 10.6.8 64 bit, Apple built-in perl is 5.10.0 (64bit) and MySQL is newly
upgraded to 5.5.27 MySQL Community Server (GPL) (64bit)

I don't know how to make DBD:mysql work. Any idea is appreciated.... Maybe I have to get
mysql source and compile/install it with custom options?

Notice: This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information. If you
are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by email, and immediately delete
the message and any attachments without copying or disclosing them. LBI may, for any
reason, intercept, access, use, and disclose any information that is communicated by or
through, or which is stored on, its networks, applications, services, and devices.
trouble with perlElim Qiu6 Aug
  • RE: trouble with perlBenjamin Stillman7 Aug
    • Re: trouble with perlElim Qiu7 Aug
  • Re: trouble with perlPerrin Harkins7 Aug
    • Re: trouble with perlElim Qiu8 Aug
      • Re: trouble with perlPerrin Harkins8 Aug
RE: trouble with perlMartin Gainty8 Aug
  • RE: trouble with perlDaWiz9 Aug