List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Shawn Green Date:August 1 2012 7:07pm
Subject:Re: How often the slave to pull data from master?
View as plain text
On 8/1/2012 1:13 PM, Rick James wrote:
> That leads to another question...
> Does this 'separate cache' contain an extra copy (vs the 'only' copy) of the
> non-transacted events?
> I would expect that it must be an extra copy.

No. The non-transacted events are applied to the tables they belong to
as they are executed.  We track them in this cache for replication
purposes. Are you worried about a race between a crash and the time
where the cache is applied to the main binary logs?

This is a very unlikely event for two reasons:

1) the non-transacted change must occur within a transaction

2) most users that use transactions only use transaction-enabled storage
engines (InnoDB).

So in order to lose non-transacted changes from a crash that happens
before the cache is appended to the binary log, you must
a) have a sequence of statements (or ROW-based changes) that is smaller
than --binlog-cache-size limit
b) have a mixed-mode transaction.

If this is a valid concern for your usage pattern set
--binlog-cache-size to a smaller value.
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.5/en/replication-options-binary-log.html#sysvar_binlog_cache_size

--
Shawn Green
Office: Blountville, TN

Thread
How often the slave to pull data from master?Zhigang Zhang26 Jul
  • Re: How often the slave to pull data from master?Johan De Meersman26 Jul
  • Re: How often the slave to pull data from master?Keith Murphy26 Jul
    • RE: How often the slave to pull data from master?Rick James26 Jul
      • Re: How often the slave to pull data from master?Shawn Green26 Jul
        • RE: How often the slave to pull data from master?Zhigang Zhang29 Jul
          • Re: How often the slave to pull data from master?Reindl Harald29 Jul
          • Re: How often the slave to pull data from master?Shawn Green30 Jul
            • RE: How often the slave to pull data from master?David Lerer30 Jul
              • Re: How often the slave to pull data from master?Shawn Green30 Jul
                • RE: How often the slave to pull data from master?David Lerer31 Jul
                • RE: How often the slave to pull data from master?Rick James1 Aug
                  • Re: How often the slave to pull data from master?Shawn Green1 Aug
                    • RE: How often the slave to pull data from master?Rick James1 Aug
  • Re: How often the slave to pull data from master?Keith Murphy29 Jul