List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:hsv Date:July 30 2012 12:15pm
Subject:Re: YEAR and time types
View as plain text
On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 10:36 AM, Roberta Jask
>  version(): 5.5.8-log
> @@sql_mode:
> REAL_AS_FLOAT,PIPES_AS_CONCAT,ANSI_QUOTES,IGNORE_SPACE,ANSI,NO_AUTO_VALUE_ON_ZERO,STRICT_TRANS_TABLES,NO_ZERO_DATE,ALLOW_INVALID_DATES,NO_AUTO_CREATE_USER,NO_ENGINE_SUBSTITUTION
>
> What is yours?

version  5.5.19
@@sql_mode is empty
<<<<<<<<
Well, the answer to my original question is that MySQL is willind with a warning to
"narrow" DATE to YEAR, but with my usual setting, with STRICT_TRANS_TABLES, the warning
becomes an error. As for widening YEAR to DATE, MySQL never does it: with a warning it is
willind to return the 0-date for an attempt at widening, but, with STRICT_TRANS_TABLES, as
erst, the warning becomes an error. It would be better if MySQL were willind also to
widen: if, say, the YEAR were 1967, it would be widened to 1967-00-00. Too bad.

Thread
YEAR and time typeshsv23 Jul
  • RE: YEAR and time typesRick James23 Jul
    • RE: YEAR and time typeshsv24 Jul
Re: YEAR and time typeshsv24 Jul
Re: YEAR and time typeshsv30 Jul