List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Rick James Date:July 26 2012 5:21pm
Subject:RE: How often the slave to pull data from master?
View as plain text
My understanding is...

* There is a "permanent" connection (TCP/IP socket) between the Master and each Slave.
This is opened by the Slave when the slave starts (or restarts or recovers from a network
glitch).

* Master writes to binlog _and_ to that connection whenever there is a 'write' operation.
(I do not know whether the binlog is written/flushed before or after or simultaneous with
writing to the Slave(s).)

* If the connection is interrupted, the Slave will reconnect and ask the Master for "old"
info.  This comes from the binlog.  Otherwise, the Master's binlog file is not part of
the flow of data from Master to Slave.

* Semi-sync (5.5) adds some chatter from Slave to Master so that the Master can wait for
at least one Slave to have written to its relay log.

* Percona Cluster, Galera, etc., add more complexity to the replication traffic.

Thread
How often the slave to pull data from master?Zhigang Zhang26 Jul
  • Re: How often the slave to pull data from master?Johan De Meersman26 Jul
  • Re: How often the slave to pull data from master?Keith Murphy26 Jul
    • RE: How often the slave to pull data from master?Rick James26 Jul
      • Re: How often the slave to pull data from master?Shawn Green26 Jul
        • RE: How often the slave to pull data from master?Zhigang Zhang29 Jul
          • Re: How often the slave to pull data from master?Reindl Harald29 Jul
          • Re: How often the slave to pull data from master?Shawn Green30 Jul
            • RE: How often the slave to pull data from master?David Lerer30 Jul
              • Re: How often the slave to pull data from master?Shawn Green30 Jul
                • RE: How often the slave to pull data from master?David Lerer31 Jul
                • RE: How often the slave to pull data from master?Rick James1 Aug
                  • Re: How often the slave to pull data from master?Shawn Green1 Aug
                    • RE: How often the slave to pull data from master?Rick James1 Aug
  • Re: How often the slave to pull data from master?Keith Murphy29 Jul