List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Keith Murphy Date:July 26 2012 4:44pm
Subject:Re: How often the slave to pull data from master?
View as plain text
Yes, the slave pulls from the master. The slave io thread reads the
information effectively as soon as it is written to the master's binary log.

Keith
On Jul 26, 2012 4:17 AM, "Zhigang Zhang" <zzgang2008@stripped> wrote:

> Hello:
>

> I haven't read the source code of mysql ,but as I know ,the slave get data
> from master server, rather than the master push data to slave.
>

> I think there is a timer to do this.
>

> Who can tell me the interval about the replication----how often the slave
> pull data from master?
>

> Thanks!
>

> Zhigang Zhang

Thread
How often the slave to pull data from master?Zhigang Zhang26 Jul
  • Re: How often the slave to pull data from master?Johan De Meersman26 Jul
  • Re: How often the slave to pull data from master?Keith Murphy26 Jul
    • RE: How often the slave to pull data from master?Rick James26 Jul
      • Re: How often the slave to pull data from master?Shawn Green26 Jul
        • RE: How often the slave to pull data from master?Zhigang Zhang29 Jul
          • Re: How often the slave to pull data from master?Reindl Harald29 Jul
          • Re: How often the slave to pull data from master?Shawn Green30 Jul
            • RE: How often the slave to pull data from master?David Lerer30 Jul
              • Re: How often the slave to pull data from master?Shawn Green30 Jul
                • RE: How often the slave to pull data from master?David Lerer31 Jul
                • RE: How often the slave to pull data from master?Rick James1 Aug
                  • Re: How often the slave to pull data from master?Shawn Green1 Aug
                    • RE: How often the slave to pull data from master?Rick James1 Aug
  • Re: How often the slave to pull data from master?Keith Murphy29 Jul