List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Rick James Date:July 23 2012 7:53pm
Subject:RE: restrict Connect Time
View as plain text
And don't kill replication when you see a big time in processlist.

> therefore the time get accumulated
??  Each query stands alone in timing.  The "idle" time is caught by wait_timeout, which
was already mentioned.   You can distinguish the cases by whether processlist says
"Sleep".

A Sleeping thread is virtually harmless.
* It is occupying some RAM for the thread (usually not an issue);
* If there are too many, you could hit max_connections, thereby disallowing new
connections.

See Percona -- they have some user statistic features that are on beyond the MySQL
offerings.

restrict Connect Timewalter harms23 Jul
  • Re: restrict Connect TimeAnanda Kumar23 Jul
    • Re: restrict Connect Timewalter harms23 Jul
      • Re: restrict Connect TimeAnanda Kumar23 Jul
        • Re: restrict Connect Timewalter harms23 Jul
          • Re: restrict Connect TimeAnanda Kumar23 Jul
            • Re: restrict Connect Timewalter harms23 Jul
              • Re: restrict Connect TimeAnanda Kumar23 Jul
                • Re: restrict Connect Timewalter harms23 Jul
                  • Re: restrict Connect TimeReindl Harald23 Jul
                    • Re: restrict Connect Timewalter harms23 Jul
                      • RE: restrict Connect TimeRick James23 Jul
                  • Re: restrict Connect TimeAnanda Kumar23 Jul