List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Kirk Hoganson Date:July 20 2012 9:09pm
Subject:Re: Disable DB without deleting data
View as plain text
Would this keep permissions intact?  I need something that would make it
easy to automatically restore the database including any custom permissions?

Thanks again for the input,
Kirk

On 07/20/2012 12:16 PM, Rick James wrote:
> No.  RENAME DATABASE does not exist.  It may have something to do with internal table
> numbers in InnoDB.
> Instead...
> CREATE DATABASE new ...;
> RENAME TABLE old.t1 TO new.t1, ...
> DROP DATABASE old;
> This should work cross-device.

Thread
Disable DB without deleting dataKirk Hoganson19 Jul
  • Re: Disable DB without deleting dataReindl Harald19 Jul
    • Re: Disable DB without deleting dataJohan De Meersman20 Jul
      • Re: Disable DB without deleting dataReindl Harald20 Jul
        • RE: Disable DB without deleting dataRick James20 Jul
          • Re: Disable DB without deleting dataReindl Harald20 Jul
          • Re: Disable DB without deleting dataKirk Hoganson20 Jul
            • Re: Disable DB without deleting dataReindl Harald20 Jul
              • Re: Disable DB without deleting dataAndrew Moore20 Jul
  • Re: Disable DB without deleting dataAndrew Moore19 Jul