List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Reindl Harald Date:July 20 2012 9:00pm
Subject:Re: Disable DB without deleting data
View as plain text
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/rename-database.html

This statement was added in MySQL 5.1.7 but was found to be
dangerous  and was removed in MySQL 5.1.23

well, as said: dump and delete or revoke permissions

Am 20.07.2012 20:16, schrieb Rick James:
> No.  RENAME DATABASE does not exist.  It may have something to do with internal table
> numbers in InnoDB.
> Instead...
> CREATE DATABASE new ...;
> RENAME TABLE old.t1 TO new.t1, ...
> DROP DATABASE old;
> This should work cross-device.

Disable DB without deleting dataKirk Hoganson19 Jul
  • Re: Disable DB without deleting dataReindl Harald19 Jul
    • Re: Disable DB without deleting dataJohan De Meersman20 Jul
      • Re: Disable DB without deleting dataReindl Harald20 Jul
        • RE: Disable DB without deleting dataRick James20 Jul
          • Re: Disable DB without deleting dataReindl Harald20 Jul
          • Re: Disable DB without deleting dataKirk Hoganson20 Jul
            • Re: Disable DB without deleting dataReindl Harald20 Jul
              • Re: Disable DB without deleting dataAndrew Moore20 Jul
  • Re: Disable DB without deleting dataAndrew Moore19 Jul