List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Rick James Date:July 20 2012 6:16pm
Subject:RE: Disable DB without deleting data
View as plain text
No.  RENAME DATABASE does not exist.  It may have something to do with internal table numbers in InnoDB.
Instead...
CREATE DATABASE new ...;
RENAME TABLE old.t1 TO new.t1, ...
DROP DATABASE old;
This should work cross-device.

Thread
Disable DB without deleting dataKirk Hoganson19 Jul
  • Re: Disable DB without deleting dataReindl Harald19 Jul
    • Re: Disable DB without deleting dataJohan De Meersman20 Jul
      • Re: Disable DB without deleting dataReindl Harald20 Jul
        • RE: Disable DB without deleting dataRick James20 Jul
          • Re: Disable DB without deleting dataReindl Harald20 Jul
          • Re: Disable DB without deleting dataKirk Hoganson20 Jul
            • Re: Disable DB without deleting dataReindl Harald20 Jul
              • Re: Disable DB without deleting dataAndrew Moore20 Jul
  • Re: Disable DB without deleting dataAndrew Moore19 Jul