List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Andrew Moore Date:July 19 2012 11:02pm
Subject:Re: Disable DB without deleting data
View as plain text
Revoke all privileges to it. No access, no use.

On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 11:47 PM, Kirk Hoganson <kirkhoganson@stripped>wrote:

> I need to find an easy way to make a database unavailable without deleting
> the data, so that it could be easily and quickly restored if necessary,
> without impacting the availability of the other databases.  Something like
> moving the databases subdirectory to a different directory, or the "detach"
> feature in MSSQL.  The MySQL server (5.0.45) is running on a Windows
> server, and is using the InnoDB storage engine.
>
> Thank you for any suggestions.

Disable DB without deleting dataKirk Hoganson19 Jul
  • Re: Disable DB without deleting dataReindl Harald19 Jul
    • Re: Disable DB without deleting dataJohan De Meersman20 Jul
      • Re: Disable DB without deleting dataReindl Harald20 Jul
        • RE: Disable DB without deleting dataRick James20 Jul
          • Re: Disable DB without deleting dataReindl Harald20 Jul
          • Re: Disable DB without deleting dataKirk Hoganson20 Jul
            • Re: Disable DB without deleting dataReindl Harald20 Jul
              • Re: Disable DB without deleting dataAndrew Moore20 Jul
  • Re: Disable DB without deleting dataAndrew Moore19 Jul