List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Reindl Harald Date:July 19 2012 10:52pm
Subject:Re: Disable DB without deleting data
View as plain text

Am 20.07.2012 00:47, schrieb Kirk Hoganson:
> I need to find an easy way to make a database unavailable without deleting the data,
> so that it could be easily and
> quickly restored if necessary, without impacting the availability of the other
> databases.  Something like moving
> the databases subdirectory to a different directory, or the "detach" feature in
> MSSQL.  The MySQL server (5.0.45)
> is running on a Windows server, and is using the InnoDB storage engine.

impossible with innodb

* dump
* delete

with myisam you could stop the server and move the databasedir
do not try this with innodb even with innodb_file_per_table!

Disable DB without deleting dataKirk Hoganson19 Jul
  • Re: Disable DB without deleting dataReindl Harald19 Jul
    • Re: Disable DB without deleting dataJohan De Meersman20 Jul
      • Re: Disable DB without deleting dataReindl Harald20 Jul
        • RE: Disable DB without deleting dataRick James20 Jul
          • Re: Disable DB without deleting dataReindl Harald20 Jul
          • Re: Disable DB without deleting dataKirk Hoganson20 Jul
            • Re: Disable DB without deleting dataReindl Harald20 Jul
              • Re: Disable DB without deleting dataAndrew Moore20 Jul
  • Re: Disable DB without deleting dataAndrew Moore19 Jul