List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Shawn Green Date:July 18 2012 1:42pm
Subject:Re: Looking for consultant
View as plain text
On 7/17/2012 8:22 PM, Carl Kabbe wrote:
> On Monday, I asked if there were consultants out there who could help set up an NDB
> high availability system.  As I compared our needs to NDB, it became obvious that NDB was
> not the answer and more obvious that simply adding high availability processes to our
> existing Innodb system was.
>
> So, I am back asking if there are consultants lurking on this list that could help
> with this project.

As has been discussed on this list many times before, there are many
ways to measure 'high availability'. Most of them deal with what kind of
disaster you want to survive or return to service from.  If all you are
looking for is additional production capacity then the terms you may
want to investigate are 'scale out', 'partitioning', and 'replication'.
All high-availability solutions require at least some level of hardware
redundancy. Sometimes they require multiple layers in multiple locations.

Several of those features of MySQL also help with meeting some
high-availability goals.

Are you willing to discuss your specific desired availability thresholds
in public?

--
Shawn Green
Office: Blountville, TN

Thread
Looking for consultantCarl Kabbe18 Jul
  • Re: Looking for consultantJohnny Withers18 Jul
  • Re: Looking for consultantShawn Green18 Jul
    • Re: Looking for consultantCarl Kabbe18 Jul
      • Re: Looking for consultantAdrian Fita18 Jul
      • Re: Looking for consultantShawn Green18 Jul
      • Re: Looking for consultantAntonis Kopsaftis18 Jul
        • RE: Looking for consultantRick James18 Jul
          • Re: Looking for consultantHoward Hart19 Jul
            • RE: Looking for consultantBenjamin Stillman19 Jul