List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Reindl Harald Date:July 14 2012 6:19pm
Subject:Re: mysql - uppoer limit for doing simultaneous red/writes..
View as plain text

Am 14.07.2012 19:16, schrieb bruce:
> Hi.
>
> Considering a system, where I have a centralized Mysql setup. I'm not
> sure exactly what this should be called, single box, cluster, etc...
>
> But I'm looking to have a system of a a bunch of boxes, whihc run apps
> that will access (read/write) to the different dbs/tbls on the mysql
> setup.
>
> I'm trying to get a feel for just what mysql can handle in this situation.
>
> Can a mysql setup handle 50K-100K simultaneous connections
> (reads/writes) to the same db..

simply no

you need around 1-2 MB per connection memory besides
locking, IOPS and other scale troubles

you would nee at least 35-50 GB RAM for this

but however, 50k connections are not realistic
from where should they come? mysqld would be
not the only bottenleck

mysql - uppoer limit for doing simultaneous red/writes..bruce14 Jul
  • Re: mysql - uppoer limit for doing simultaneous red/writes..Reindl Harald14 Jul
    • RE: mysql - uppoer limit for doing simultaneous red/writes..Rick James16 Jul