List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Reindl Harald Date:July 5 2012 2:43pm
Subject:Re: Installation of MySQL in Redhat Linux 6.0
View as plain text

Am 05.07.2012 16:30, schrieb Manivannan S.:
> Hi all,
>
>                 I am using Redhat Linux 6.0 (64 bit) machine, in this machine I am
> trying to install MySQL5.5 glibc23  server and client packages as a root user. While
> installing I am getting the following error:
>
> ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
> '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)
>
>                 When I try to install the MySQL rhel6 package then MySQL is installed
> and service also started successfully.
>
> But I am not able to install the glibc23 package with SELinux is enabled in my Redhat
> linux machine. After Disabling the SELinux, I was able to install MySQL glibc23 package.
>
> I want to know why MySQL glibc23 package is not able to install with SELinux
> enabled??
>
> Thanks in advance.....

wrong mailing-list
this is a RHEL/CentOS "problem"

setroubleshoot-doc.x86_64 : Setroubleshoot documentation
setroubleshoot-plugins.noarch : Analysis plugins for use with setroubleshoot
setroubleshoot.x86_64 : Helps troubleshoot SELinux problems
setroubleshoot-server.x86_64 : SELinux troubleshoot server

Installation of MySQL in Redhat Linux 6.0Manivannan S .5 Jul
  • Re: Installation of MySQL in Redhat Linux 6.0Reindl Harald5 Jul