List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Manivannan S. Date:July 5 2012 2:30pm
Subject:Installation of MySQL in Redhat Linux 6.0
View as plain text
Hi all,

                I am using Redhat Linux 6.0 (64 bit) machine, in this machine I am trying
to install MySQL5.5 glibc23  server and client packages as a root user. While installing
I am getting the following error:

ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
'/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)

                When I try to install the MySQL rhel6 package then MySQL is installed and
service also started successfully.

But I am not able to install the glibc23 package with SELinux is enabled in my Redhat
linux machine. After Disabling the SELinux, I was able to install MySQL glibc23 package.

I want to know why MySQL glibc23 package is not able to install with SELinux enabled??

Thanks in advance.....

Regards,
Manivannan S

DISCLAIMER: This email message and all attachments are confidential and may contain
information that is privileged, confidential or exempt from disclosure under applicable
law.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that any dissemination,
distribution or copying of this email is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
email in error, please notify us immediately by return email or to
mailadmin@stripped and destroy the original message.  Opinions, conclusions and
other information in this message that do not relate to the official business of SPAN,
shall be understood to be neither given nor endorsed by SPAN.

Thread
Installation of MySQL in Redhat Linux 6.0Manivannan S .5 Jul
  • Re: Installation of MySQL in Redhat Linux 6.0Reindl Harald5 Jul