List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Reindl Harald Date:July 1 2012 10:57am
Subject:Re: most mysqld instances running with 100% CPU
View as plain text
thank you very much, "leap second" was the translation
i missed for our german word "Schaltsekunde"

so i will reboot our infrastrcuture and rollout a kernel update
within which was timed for tomorrow after my vacation which is
now supsended :-)

P.S.: named DNS showas also interesting CPU spikes, but not permamently....

Am 01.07.2012 12:52, schrieb Raghavendra D Prabhu:
> * On Sun, Jul 01, 2012 at 12:44:42PM +0200, Reindl Harald
> <h.reindl@stripped> wrote:
>> i notice since this night all mysqld instances
>> suing innodb are running at very high CPU, there
>> is nothing in the mysqld-log and after restarting
>> the service the same again
>> i do not think this has to to with the reason taking
>> back 5.5.25 becasue no disk-IO, i more doubt this
>> has to do with the time-correction-second (not sure
>> how to translate "Schaltsekunde" to english) because
>> it started late at night
>> ______________________
>> BTW: since there are announcements of new versions of
>> mysqld it is very rude take them back without any
>> announcement and put after weeks some lines in the old
>> changelog which nobody reads after rollout
>> however, as said, i doubt this is not the problem
> It has to do with
> More analysis here:
> It is more of a linux kernel bug (affecting RHEL >=6 in the enterprise kernels
> category)

most mysqld instances running with 100% CPUReindl Harald1 Jul
  • Re: most mysqld instances running with 100% CPURaghavendra D Prabhu1 Jul
    • Re: most mysqld instances running with 100% CPUReindl Harald1 Jul