List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Benjamin Stillman Date:June 25 2012 3:59pm
Subject:RE: Question about testing memcmp()
View as plain text
By recent security breach, do you mean the issue with passwords? If so:
http://www.dbasquare.com/2012/06/11/a-security-flaw-in-mysql-authentication-is-your-system-vulnerable/

for i in `seq 1 2000`; do mysql -u USERNAME --password=INCORRECTPASSWORD -h HOSTNAME ;
done

If you get in using that, you're vulnerable.

But as Harald said, why not just update? Always better to be patched and up-to-date.

Ben Stillman
bstillman@stripped