List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Christian Koetteritzsch Date:June 21 2012 5:36pm
Subject:Re: Indexing about 40 Billion Entries
View as plain text
Hi,

thanks for the hint, I was testing the settings for the
myisam_sort_buffer_size so I totally forgot it.
But I have another three of these databases to do, so next time I do it
with one ALTER statement

Christian

Am 21.06.2012 16:50, schrieb mos:
> At 02:04 AM 6/21/2012, you wrote:
>> Thank you a lot. The first indexing process finished after about 13
>> hours, so I think the problem is solved now.
>> I set the myisam_sort_bufffer_size to 10GB.
>
> The "first indexing process"???
>
> You should have created all of your indexes with one Alter statement.
> Otherwise it will take another 13+ hours to build the second index
> because it has to create a copy of the table all over again.
>
> Mike

Thread
Indexing about 40 Billion EntriesChristian Koetteritzsch20 Jun
  • Re: Indexing about 40 Billion EntriesAnanda Kumar20 Jun
    • RE: Indexing about 40 Billion EntriesRick James20 Jun
      • Re: Indexing about 40 Billion EntriesChristian Koetteritzsch20 Jun
        • Re: Indexing about 40 Billion EntriesChristian Koetteritzsch20 Jun
        • RE: Indexing about 40 Billion EntriesRick James20 Jun
          • Re: Indexing about 40 Billion EntriesChristian Koetteritzsch21 Jun
            • Re: Indexing about 40 Billion Entriesmos21 Jun
              • Re: Indexing about 40 Billion EntriesChristian Koetteritzsch21 Jun
              • RE: Indexing about 40 Billion EntriesRick James21 Jun
          • UNION and ORDER BYhsv22 Jun
            • RE: UNION and ORDER BYRick James22 Jun
  • Re: Indexing about 40 Billion EntriesShawn Green20 Jun
    • RE: Indexing about 40 Billion EntriesRick James20 Jun
  • Re: Indexing about 40 Billion EntriesBrent Clark21 Jun