List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Miguel Cardenas Date:June 19 2012 6:48am
Subject:Unresolved symbols with mysqlclient in DEBUG mode using VC++ 2010 Express
View as plain text
Hello friends

I'm back to MySQL programming using the C API... it works fine when I
compile using the RELEASE mode and "C:\Program Files (x86)\MySQL\MySQL
Server 5.5\lib" but if I choose the DEBUG mode and "C:\Program Files
(x86)\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.5\lib\debug" it fails at link time:

1>mysqlclient.lib(dbug.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external
symbol __CrtSetReportFile referenced in function _DbugExit
1>mysqlclient.lib(my_init.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external
symbol __CrtSetReportFile
1>mysqlclient.lib(dbug.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external
symbol __CrtSetReportMode referenced in function _DbugExit
1>mysqlclient.lib(my_init.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external
symbol __CrtSetReportMode
1>mysqlclient.lib(my_init.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external
symbol __CrtDumpMemoryLeaks referenced in function _my_end
1>mysqlclient.lib(my_init.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external
symbol __CrtCheckMemory referenced in function _my_end

I read some posts that found in google about this error and found that
it should be used the dynamic library libmysql instead of the static
mysqlclient when debugging, but the lib\debug directory contains just
the static library mysqlclient...

Do I have to include an aditional library so the symbols are resolved
correctly? The release mode works perfect and the application runs
fine in that way only...

Thanks,
Miguel
Thread
Unresolved symbols with mysqlclient in DEBUG mode using VC++ 2010 ExpressMiguel Cardenas19 Jun
  • Re: Unresolved symbols with mysqlclient in DEBUG mode using VC++ 2010 ExpressLars Nilsson19 Jun
    • Re: Unresolved symbols with mysqlclient in DEBUG mode using VC++ 2010 ExpressMiguel Cardenas19 Jun
      • Re: Unresolved symbols with mysqlclient in DEBUG mode using VC++ 2010 ExpressLars Nilsson19 Jun
RE: Unresolved symbols with mysqlclient in DEBUG mode using VC++2010 ExpressMartin Gainty19 Jun
  • Re: Unresolved symbols with mysqlclient in DEBUG mode using VC++ 2010 ExpressLars Nilsson19 Jun