List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Reindl Harald Date:June 18 2012 11:29am
Subject:Re: Restoring database files
View as plain text

Am 18.06.2012 13:25, schrieb a bv:
> I have a mysql database , which tables are archived and i remove  some
> files (montly data, .frm .MYD, .MYI) from the servers disk to an
> external storage. And i also drop or flush these tables from
> phpmyadmin. If i need to
>
> look and query these offline mysql files what i need to do after
> copying the files back to the mysql path of the server?

which query?

* stop mysqld
* copy back the files
* start mysqld

MyISAM tables and databases are simply plain files and folders
including the database "mysql" which can be copied since mysql#
exists without needing any magical command

Restoring database filesa bv18 Jun
  • Re: Restoring database filesReindl Harald18 Jun