List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Shawn Green Date:June 15 2012 8:40pm
Subject:Re: Foreign key and uppercase / lowercase values
View as plain text
On 6/15/2012 3:19 PM, Rick James wrote:
> Those refer _only_ to German 'ß' LATIN SMALL LETTER SHARP S.  The example GF
> gave did not involve that character.
>
> To my knowledge, that is the only case where MySQL changed a collation after
> releasing it.

Yes, it has been the only occurrence. However, the esset (sharp S) is
just one example of the alternative spelling letters that were affected
by the collation change. Thorn, the AE ligand, and many others fall into
that same category.

Shawn Green
Office: Blountville, TN

Thread
Foreign key and uppercase / lowercase valuesGF16 May
  • Re: Foreign key and uppercase / lowercase valuesAnanda Kumar16 May
    • RE: Foreign key and uppercase / lowercase valuesRick James16 May
    • Re: Foreign key and uppercase / lowercase valuesShawn Green16 May
      • Re: Foreign key and uppercase / lowercase valuesGF12 Jun
        • RE: Foreign key and uppercase / lowercase valuesRick James13 Jun
          • Re: Foreign key and uppercase / lowercase valuesGF15 Jun
            • RE: Foreign key and uppercase / lowercase valuesRick James15 Jun
              • Re: Foreign key and uppercase / lowercase valuesShawn Green15 Jun
                • RE: Foreign key and uppercase / lowercase valuesRick James15 Jun
                  • Re: Foreign key and uppercase / lowercase valuesShawn Green15 Jun
                    • Re: Foreign key and uppercase / lowercase valuesWalter Tross15 Jun
              • Re: Foreign key and uppercase / lowercase valuesGF18 Jun