List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:James W. McNeely Date:June 15 2012 5:18pm
Subject:mysqldump not escaping single quotes in field data
View as plain text
My backups from a mysqldump process are useless, because the dump files are not escaping
single quotes in the data in the fields.

So, O'Brien kills it - instead of spitting out
'O\'Brien'
it spits out
'O'Brien'

I don't see anywhere in the documentation about mysqldump where you can tweak this kind of
thing.

We're using MySQL 5.0.70 enterprise on Ubuntu 8.04.1.

I tried to enter this into the Oracle support center but all of the navigational and SR
tabs are gone. Maybe our accounting dept. forgot to pay the bill or something.

Thanks,

Jim McNeely
Thread
mysqldump not escaping single quotes in field dataJames W. McNeely15 Jun
  • Re: mysqldump not escaping single quotes in field dataAnanda Kumar15 Jun
  • RE: mysqldump not escaping single quotes in field dataRick James15 Jun
    • Re: mysqldump not escaping single quotes in field dataAnanda Kumar16 Jun