List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:abhishek jain Date:June 15 2012 8:57am
Subject:Which Database when lot of insert / update queries to execute
View as plain text
hi,
I am biased on mysql, and hence i am asking this on mysql forum first.
I am designing a solution which will need me to import from CSV, i am using
my JAVA code to parse. CSV file has 500K rows, and i need to do it thrice
an hour, for 10 hours  a day.
The Queries will mainly be update but select and insert also at times,
The database size will be estimated to be about 5GB.
I need to know is this a classic case for a NOSQL database or mysql is a
good option.

Also , if i need to do 'group by', on a column on a large table what should
i keep in mind, is it advisable,

Please advice,

--
Thanks and kind Regards,
Abhishek jain

Thread
Which Database when lot of insert / update queries to executeabhishek jain15 Jun
  • Re: Which Database when lot of insert / update queries to executeTsubasa Tanaka15 Jun
    • Re: Which Database when lot of insert / update queries toexecutehsv16 Jun
  • RE: Which Database when lot of insert / update queries to executeRick James15 Jun