List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johan De Meersman Date:June 15 2012 6:46am
Subject:Re: console input
View as plain text
----- Original Message -----
> From: "Gary Aitken" <mysql@stripped>
>
> surprising as the source did not enforce uniqueness.  My problem is
> the load data simply dies without indicating which line of the input
> file was in error; the error message refers to line 3, which is not
> even the SQL statement for the LOAD DATA INTO statement:

Would it not refer to line 3 of the datafile? Not sure, just guessing.

> So...  I wanted to read the data line at a time and use a plain
> INSERT statement.  That way I could check for duplicate keys and
> discover where the duplicate records are.  However, I can't find a
> way to read input from the console or a file.  What am I missing?  I
> know I could write a java or C++ program to do this, but it seems
> like overkill for what should be a trivial task.

Yeah, that would be overkill :-p

You could easily use sed and awk to transform the input file into a list of SQL
statements. Another solution is to disable all keys on your target table - or create a
duplicate without any keys - and after the import run a select (unique key fields) group
by (unique key fields) having count(*) > 1.

--
Bier met grenadyn
Is als mosterd by den wyn