List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Keith Keller Date:June 15 2012 5:35am
Subject:Re: console input
View as plain text
On 2012-06-14, Gary Aitken <mysql@stripped> wrote:

> So...  I wanted to read the data line at a time and use a plain INSERT statement.
> That way I could check for duplicate keys and discover where the duplicate records are.
> However, I can't find a way to read input from the console or a file.  What am I missing?
> I know I could write a java or C++ program to do this, but it seems like overkill for what
> should be a trivial task.

I don't know of any stock mysql program that does such a thing.  You
could write a Perl or Python program for this task; this program would
probably be fairly short.

--keith

--
kkeller@stripped

Thread
console inputGary Aitken15 Jun
  • Re: console inputKeith Keller15 Jun
    • Re: console inputAnanda Kumar15 Jun
  • Re: console inputJohan De Meersman15 Jun
    • Re: console inputGary Aitken15 Jun
  • Re: console inputShawn Green15 Jun
  • Re: console inputKeith Keller15 Jun