List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Joey L Date:June 14 2012 8:53pm
Subject:Re: i need advice on redundancy of mysql server.
View as plain text
Guys - thanks for the replys - do any of you guys are on odesk or elancer.com ??
thanks

On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 7:28 PM, Rick James <rjames@stripped> wrote:
> I prefer:
> * Master-Master ("dual master") but write to only one of them.  (Writing to both
> can lead to duplicate keys, etc., unless you are very careful in your code.)
> * Have the two Masters geographically separate.  (Think tornados, floods,
> earthquakes, etc)
> * Have Slave(s) hanging of each master -- (1) for read scaling, and (2) to avoid a
> major outage when one Master goes down and you need to take the other one down to clone
> it.
>
> Another thing to consider:
> Backing up via a "LVM snapshot" requires only a minute or so of downtime, regardless
> of dataset size.
> Percona's XtraBackup is also very good.
>
> I also agree that MyISAM in not best.  But, caution, InnoDB's disk footprint is
> 2x=3x bigger than MyISAM's.
>
> You can Load Balance reads (among slaves and, optionally, masters); you cannot do
> writes.
>
> Any number of Apache servers can talk to MySQL.  But watch out -- MaxClients
> should not be so large that it swamps max_connections.
>
> Load balancing:
> DNS is the simple way to load balance Apache.
> There are low-impact software solutions.
> There are hardware solutions.  (This is what I am used to at work; it is severe
> overkill for most users.)
>
> Bottom line:  There is no "best" or "perfect" solution.  First decide what
> 'keeps you up at night'.

i need advice on redundancy of mysql server.Joey L11 Jun
  • Re: i need advice on redundancy of mysql server.Ananda Kumar11 Jun
    • Re: i need advice on redundancy of mysql server.Shawn Green11 Jun
      • Re: i need advice on redundancy of mysql server.Joey L11 Jun
        • Re: i need advice on redundancy of mysql server.Shawn Green11 Jun
          • Re: i need advice on redundancy of mysql server.Baron Schwartz11 Jun
            • Re: i need advice on redundancy of mysql server.Andrew Moore11 Jun
              • Re: i need advice on redundancy of mysql server.Baron Schwartz11 Jun
                • Re: i need advice on redundancy of mysql server.Joey L12 Jun
                  • Re: i need advice on redundancy of mysql server.Claudio Nanni12 Jun
                  • Re: i need advice on redundancy of mysql server.Johan De Meersman13 Jun
                    • Re: i need advice on redundancy of mysql server.Prabhat Kumar13 Jun
    • Re: i need advice on redundancy of mysql server.Joey L11 Jun
      • Re: i need advice on redundancy of mysql server.Andrew Moore11 Jun
        • Re: i need advice on redundancy of mysql server.Joey L11 Jun
  • RE: i need advice on redundancy of mysql server.Rick James13 Jun
    • Re: i need advice on redundancy of mysql server.Joey L14 Jun