List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johan De Meersman Date:June 14 2012 1:16pm
Subject:Re: Minor collation question
View as plain text
----- Original Message -----
> From: "Rick James" <rjames@stripped>
>
> A warning about β -- There was a change in the collation at 5.1.24.
> Search http://mysql.rjweb.org/doc.php/charcoll for 'German'; there is
> a brief discussion near the end.

Aha, also a very good bit of information, thank you.

The unix boys had started their own upgrade cycle in the mean time from Debian Lenny to
Squeeze, so were unwittingly already upgrading to 5.1. A swift explanation of the problem
and the subliminal thread of a swift kick in the valueables got them to suspend that
trajectory until I build myself Debian-compliant 5.5 packages for Squeeze :-D

Any pointers towards the latter (no, Dotdeb's will not do - they don't magically replace
the native squeeze ones) would also be appreciated; if not I'll be rolling my own.

--
Bier met grenadyn
Is als mosterd by den wyn