List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johan De Meersman Date:June 12 2012 1:37pm
Subject:Minor collation question
View as plain text
... but too lazy to look for it myself right now :-p

I'm going to be running into (woot, scheduled problems :-p ) the 5.0 to 5.1 upgrade
collation issue where German β is now collated as 's' instead of as 'ss', causing
duplicate key errors.

The basic solution is to set the collation to utf8_bin - so far, so good - but I'm
wondering wether the table collation impacts only sorting, or wether comparisons will also
magically become binary and/or other symptoms might pop up ? I suspect 'yes' based on the
primary key issue, but I want to verify.

Bier met grenadyn
Is als mosterd by den wyn
Sy die't drinkt, is eene kwezel
Hy die't drinkt, is ras een ezel

Minor collation questionJohan De Meersman12 Jun
  • Re: Minor collation questionShawn Green12 Jun
    • Re: Minor collation questionJohan De Meersman13 Jun
      • RE: Minor collation questionRick James13 Jun
        • Re: Minor collation questionJohan De Meersman14 Jun
          • Re: Minor collation questionwalter14 Jun