List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johan De Meersman Date:June 12 2012 1:37pm
Subject:Minor collation question
View as plain text
... but too lazy to look for it myself right now :-p

I'm going to be running into (woot, scheduled problems :-p ) the 5.0 to 5.1 upgrade
collation issue where German β is now collated as 's' instead of as 'ss', causing
duplicate key errors.

The basic solution is to set the collation to utf8_bin - so far, so good - but I'm
wondering wether the table collation impacts only sorting, or wether comparisons will
also magically become binary and/or other symptoms might pop up ? I suspect 'yes' based
on the primary key issue, but I want to verify.

--

Bier met grenadyn
Is als mosterd by den wyn

Thread
Minor collation questionJohan De Meersman12 Jun
  • Re: Minor collation questionShawn Green12 Jun
    • Re: Minor collation questionJohan De Meersman13 Jun
      • RE: Minor collation questionRick James13 Jun
        • Re: Minor collation questionJohan De Meersman14 Jun
          • Re: Minor collation questionwalter14 Jun