List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ananda Kumar Date:June 12 2012 11:43am
Subject:Re: Aborted clients
View as plain text
or you can check application logs to see why the client lost connectivity
from the app

On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 5:12 PM, Ananda Kumar <anandkl@stripped> wrote:

> is there anything you can see in /var/log/messages
>

> On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 5:08 PM, Claudio Nanni <claudio.nanni@stripped>wrote:
>
>> Johan,
>>
>> "Print out warnings such as Aborted connection... to the error log."
>> the dots are not telling if they comprise Aborted clients as well.
>> I find the MySQL error log extremely poor, as far as I know it is one of
>> the MySQL features (like authentication) stuck to the dawn of MySQL times.
>> Very hard to debug non basic things like your issue.
>> From what I have experienced usually Aborted connection  means wrong
>> credentials while Aborted clients means the client (typically PHP) did not
>> close the connection properly.
>> Do you have any chance to check if the code is closing the connections to
>> the mysql database?
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> Claudio
>>
>> 2012/6/12 Johan De Meersman <vegivamp@stripped>
>>
>> > Yo,
>> >
>> > I'm having trouble with clients aborting, but for some reason they don't
>> > get logged.
>> >
>> > The documentation at http://preview.tinyurl.com/27w9a4x clearly states
>> > "If a client successfully connects but later disconnects improperly or
>> is
>> > terminated, the server increments the Aborted_clients status variable,
>> and
>> > logs an Aborted connection message to the error log."
>> >
>> > The log_warnings variable has been set; originally to 1 and later to 2
>> > because another bit of the doc says " If the value is greater than 1,
>> > aborted connections are written to the error log."
>> >
>> > The error.log I'm looking at is the one that is currently opened by the
>> > MySQL daemon, as shown by lsof - and does have entries about
>> > non-replication-safe queries I'd been doing several days ago.
>> >
>> > And, yet, I see the Aborted_clients counter increase, but never find any
>> > entries in the errorlog - which is annoying, because now I don't even
>> know
>> > which application is misbehaving.
>> >
>> > This is MySQL 5.1.50-community-log on Suse 11.1 64-bit.
>> >
>> > Does anyone have an idea why the aborted clients don't get logged, and
>> how
>> > to fix it?
>> >
>> > thx,
>> > Johan
>> >
>> > --
>> >
>> > Bier met grenadyn
>> > Is als mosterd by den wyn
>> > Sy die't drinkt, is eene kwezel
>> > Hy die't drinkt, is ras een ezel
>> >

>> --
>> Claudio

Thread
Aborted clientsJohan De Meersman12 Jun
  • Re: Aborted clientsClaudio Nanni12 Jun
    • Re: Aborted clientsAnanda Kumar12 Jun
      • Re: Aborted clientsAnanda Kumar12 Jun
        • Re: Aborted clientsJohan De Meersman12 Jun
    • Re: Aborted clientsJohan De Meersman12 Jun
      • Re: Aborted clientsHoward Hart12 Jun
        • Re: Aborted clientsClaudio Nanni12 Jun
          • Re: Aborted clientsJohan De Meersman13 Jun
            • Re: Aborted clientsClaudio Nanni13 Jun
              • Re: Aborted clientsAnanda Kumar13 Jun
              • Re: Aborted clientsJohan De Meersman13 Jun