List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johan De Meersman Date:June 12 2012 10:08am
Subject:Aborted clients
View as plain text
Yo,

I'm having trouble with clients aborting, but for some reason they don't get logged.

The documentation at http://preview.tinyurl.com/27w9a4x clearly states "If a client
successfully connects but later disconnects improperly or is terminated, the server
increments the Aborted_clients status variable, and logs an Aborted connection message to
the error log."

The log_warnings variable has been set; originally to 1 and later to 2 because another bit
of the doc says " If the value is greater than 1, aborted connections are written to the
error log."

The error.log I'm looking at is the one that is currently opened by the MySQL daemon, as
shown by lsof - and does have entries about non-replication-safe queries I'd been doing
several days ago.

And, yet, I see the Aborted_clients counter increase, but never find any entries in the
errorlog - which is annoying, because now I don't even know which application is
misbehaving.

This is MySQL 5.1.50-community-log on Suse 11.1 64-bit.

Does anyone have an idea why the aborted clients don't get logged, and how to fix it?

thx,
Johan

--

Bier met grenadyn
Is als mosterd by den wyn

Thread
Aborted clientsJohan De Meersman12 Jun
  • Re: Aborted clientsClaudio Nanni12 Jun
    • Re: Aborted clientsAnanda Kumar12 Jun
      • Re: Aborted clientsAnanda Kumar12 Jun
        • Re: Aborted clientsJohan De Meersman12 Jun
    • Re: Aborted clientsJohan De Meersman12 Jun
      • Re: Aborted clientsHoward Hart12 Jun
        • Re: Aborted clientsClaudio Nanni12 Jun
          • Re: Aborted clientsJohan De Meersman13 Jun
            • Re: Aborted clientsClaudio Nanni13 Jun
              • Re: Aborted clientsAnanda Kumar13 Jun
              • Re: Aborted clientsJohan De Meersman13 Jun