List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Andrew Moore Date:June 11 2012 7:14pm
Subject:Re: i need advice on redundancy of mysql server.
View as plain text
Not forgetting Pythian <http://www.pythian.com>, Baron ;)

On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 8:12 PM, Baron Schwartz <baron@stripped> wrote:

> Ultimately, if you intend to use MyISAM, you must keep in mind that it
> eliminates some of your options. One problem is that MyISAM is very
> slow to repair after a crash. Remember, if a crash can happen, it
> eventually will, it's just a question of when. And MyISAM doesn't have
> recovery -- it only has "repair," which will not necessarily recover
> all of your data.
>
> If you are not aware of Percona XtraDB Cluster, it might be
> interesting for you. (I work for Percona.) There is also Continuent
> Tungsten to consider.
>
> Frankly, though, I'd step back a bit from such microscopic focus on
> technologies. It looks like you need advice from someone who's done
> this before, to get the high-level things right before you dive deeply
> into details. If it's really this important, I personally wouldn't
> trust it to a mailing list, I'd hire someone. It's well worth it.
> There's Percona again, of course, but there's also MySQL, SkySQL,
> PalominoDB, and lots more to choose from.
>
> Baron

i need advice on redundancy of mysql server.Joey L11 Jun
  • Re: i need advice on redundancy of mysql server.Ananda Kumar11 Jun
    • Re: i need advice on redundancy of mysql server.Shawn Green11 Jun
      • Re: i need advice on redundancy of mysql server.Joey L11 Jun
        • Re: i need advice on redundancy of mysql server.Shawn Green11 Jun
          • Re: i need advice on redundancy of mysql server.Baron Schwartz11 Jun
            • Re: i need advice on redundancy of mysql server.Andrew Moore11 Jun
              • Re: i need advice on redundancy of mysql server.Baron Schwartz11 Jun
                • Re: i need advice on redundancy of mysql server.Joey L12 Jun
                  • Re: i need advice on redundancy of mysql server.Claudio Nanni12 Jun
                  • Re: i need advice on redundancy of mysql server.Johan De Meersman13 Jun
                    • Re: i need advice on redundancy of mysql server.Prabhat Kumar13 Jun
    • Re: i need advice on redundancy of mysql server.Joey L11 Jun
      • Re: i need advice on redundancy of mysql server.Andrew Moore11 Jun
        • Re: i need advice on redundancy of mysql server.Joey L11 Jun
  • RE: i need advice on redundancy of mysql server.Rick James13 Jun
    • Re: i need advice on redundancy of mysql server.Joey L14 Jun