List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Joey L Date:June 11 2012 4:04pm
Subject:Re: i need advice on redundancy of mysql server.
View as plain text
Sorry new to this part - but I am looking for both.
I have setup similar configuration using other technologies.
I was asking the group for recommendations - concrete ones ?
Can you offer up any ?

On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 11:54 AM, Andrew Moore <eroomydna@stripped> wrote:
> That's not a description of 'load balancing'; it is a high availability
> solution you're looking for.
>

> On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 4:43 PM, Joey L <mjh2000@stripped> wrote:
>>
>> I understand ..I am looking for load balancing - something that i do
>> not have to worry about if one server goes down - the other server
>> will be up and running by itself and i can bring back the other server
>> later on when i have time.
>>
>> On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 10:36 AM, Ananda Kumar <anandkl@stripped> wrote:
>> > when u say redudency.
>> > Do u just want replication like master-slave, which will be
>> > active-passive
>> > or
>> > Master-master which be active-active.
>> >
>> > master-slave, will work just a DR, when ur current master fails you can
>> > failover the slave, with NO LOAD balancing.
>> >
>> > Master-master allows load balancing.

> far

i need advice on redundancy of mysql server.Joey L11 Jun
  • Re: i need advice on redundancy of mysql server.Ananda Kumar11 Jun
    • Re: i need advice on redundancy of mysql server.Shawn Green11 Jun
      • Re: i need advice on redundancy of mysql server.Joey L11 Jun
        • Re: i need advice on redundancy of mysql server.Shawn Green11 Jun
          • Re: i need advice on redundancy of mysql server.Baron Schwartz11 Jun
            • Re: i need advice on redundancy of mysql server.Andrew Moore11 Jun
              • Re: i need advice on redundancy of mysql server.Baron Schwartz11 Jun
                • Re: i need advice on redundancy of mysql server.Joey L12 Jun
                  • Re: i need advice on redundancy of mysql server.Claudio Nanni12 Jun
                  • Re: i need advice on redundancy of mysql server.Johan De Meersman13 Jun
                    • Re: i need advice on redundancy of mysql server.Prabhat Kumar13 Jun
    • Re: i need advice on redundancy of mysql server.Joey L11 Jun
      • Re: i need advice on redundancy of mysql server.Andrew Moore11 Jun
        • Re: i need advice on redundancy of mysql server.Joey L11 Jun
  • RE: i need advice on redundancy of mysql server.Rick James13 Jun
    • Re: i need advice on redundancy of mysql server.Joey L14 Jun