List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Andrew Moore Date:June 11 2012 3:54pm
Subject:Re: i need advice on redundancy of mysql server.
View as plain text
That's not a description of 'load balancing'; it is a high availability
solution you're looking for.

On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 4:43 PM, Joey L <mjh2000@stripped> wrote:

> I understand ..I am looking for load balancing - something that i do
> not have to worry about if one server goes down - the other server
> will be up and running by itself and i can bring back the other server
> later on when i have time.
>
> On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 10:36 AM, Ananda Kumar <anandkl@stripped> wrote:
> > when u say redudency.
> > Do u just want replication like master-slave, which will be
> active-passive
> > or
> > Master-master which be active-active.
> >
> > master-slave, will work just a DR, when ur current master fails you can
> > failover the slave, with NO LOAD balancing.
> >
> > Master-master allows load balancing.
> >
> > On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 7:56 PM, Joey L <mjh2000@stripped> wrote:
> >>
> >> I am running a site with about 50gig myisam databases which are the
> >> backend to different websites.
> >> I can not afford any downtime and the data is realtime.
> >>
> >> What is the best method for this setup? master-master or master-slave?
> >>
> >> What are the best utilities to create and maintain this setup?  as far
> >> as load balancing between the two physical servers that i am running.
> >> I am currently working with percona utilities - is there something
> better
> >> ?
> >> what would you use to load balance mysql ? what would you use to load
> >> balance apache.
> >>

> >> thanks
> >>
> >> --

i need advice on redundancy of mysql server.Joey L11 Jun
  • Re: i need advice on redundancy of mysql server.Ananda Kumar11 Jun
    • Re: i need advice on redundancy of mysql server.Shawn Green11 Jun
      • Re: i need advice on redundancy of mysql server.Joey L11 Jun
        • Re: i need advice on redundancy of mysql server.Shawn Green11 Jun
          • Re: i need advice on redundancy of mysql server.Baron Schwartz11 Jun
            • Re: i need advice on redundancy of mysql server.Andrew Moore11 Jun
              • Re: i need advice on redundancy of mysql server.Baron Schwartz11 Jun
                • Re: i need advice on redundancy of mysql server.Joey L12 Jun
                  • Re: i need advice on redundancy of mysql server.Claudio Nanni12 Jun
                  • Re: i need advice on redundancy of mysql server.Johan De Meersman13 Jun
                    • Re: i need advice on redundancy of mysql server.Prabhat Kumar13 Jun
    • Re: i need advice on redundancy of mysql server.Joey L11 Jun
      • Re: i need advice on redundancy of mysql server.Andrew Moore11 Jun
        • Re: i need advice on redundancy of mysql server.Joey L11 Jun
  • RE: i need advice on redundancy of mysql server.Rick James13 Jun
    • Re: i need advice on redundancy of mysql server.Joey L14 Jun