List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Joey L Date:June 11 2012 3:43pm
Subject:Re: i need advice on redundancy of mysql server.
View as plain text
I understand ..I am looking for load balancing - something that i do
not have to worry about if one server goes down - the other server
will be up and running by itself and i can bring back the other server
later on when i have time.

On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 10:36 AM, Ananda Kumar <anandkl@stripped> wrote:
> when u say redudency.
> Do u just want replication like master-slave, which will be active-passive
> or
> Master-master which be active-active.
>
> master-slave, will work just a DR, when ur current master fails you can
> failover the slave, with NO LOAD balancing.
>
> Master-master allows load balancing.
>
> On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 7:56 PM, Joey L <mjh2000@stripped> wrote:
>>
>> I am running a site with about 50gig myisam databases which are the
>> backend to different websites.
>> I can not afford any downtime and the data is realtime.
>>
>> What is the best method for this setup? master-master or master-slave?
>>
>> What are the best utilities to create and maintain this setup?  as far
>> as load balancing between the two physical servers that i am running.
>> I am currently working with percona utilities - is there something better
>> ?
>> what would you use to load balance mysql ? what would you use to load
>> balance apache.
>>

>> thanks
>>
>> --

i need advice on redundancy of mysql server.Joey L11 Jun
  • Re: i need advice on redundancy of mysql server.Ananda Kumar11 Jun
    • Re: i need advice on redundancy of mysql server.Shawn Green11 Jun
      • Re: i need advice on redundancy of mysql server.Joey L11 Jun
        • Re: i need advice on redundancy of mysql server.Shawn Green11 Jun
          • Re: i need advice on redundancy of mysql server.Baron Schwartz11 Jun
            • Re: i need advice on redundancy of mysql server.Andrew Moore11 Jun
              • Re: i need advice on redundancy of mysql server.Baron Schwartz11 Jun
                • Re: i need advice on redundancy of mysql server.Joey L12 Jun
                  • Re: i need advice on redundancy of mysql server.Claudio Nanni12 Jun
                  • Re: i need advice on redundancy of mysql server.Johan De Meersman13 Jun
                    • Re: i need advice on redundancy of mysql server.Prabhat Kumar13 Jun
    • Re: i need advice on redundancy of mysql server.Joey L11 Jun
      • Re: i need advice on redundancy of mysql server.Andrew Moore11 Jun
        • Re: i need advice on redundancy of mysql server.Joey L11 Jun
  • RE: i need advice on redundancy of mysql server.Rick James13 Jun
    • Re: i need advice on redundancy of mysql server.Joey L14 Jun