List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ananda Kumar Date:June 11 2012 2:36pm
Subject:Re: i need advice on redundancy of mysql server.
View as plain text
when u say redudency.
Do u just want replication like master-slave, which will be active-passive
or
Master-master which be active-active.

master-slave, will work just a DR, when ur current master fails you can
failover the slave, with NO LOAD balancing.

Master-master allows load balancing.

On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 7:56 PM, Joey L <mjh2000@stripped> wrote:

> I am running a site with about 50gig myisam databases which are the
> backend to different websites.
> I can not afford any downtime and the data is realtime.
>
> What is the best method for this setup? master-master or master-slave?
>
> What are the best utilities to create and maintain this setup?  as far
> as load balancing between the two physical servers that i am running.
> I am currently working with percona utilities - is there something better ?
> what would you use to load balance mysql ? what would you use to load
> balance apache.
>

> thanks

i need advice on redundancy of mysql server.Joey L11 Jun
  • Re: i need advice on redundancy of mysql server.Ananda Kumar11 Jun
    • Re: i need advice on redundancy of mysql server.Shawn Green11 Jun
      • Re: i need advice on redundancy of mysql server.Joey L11 Jun
        • Re: i need advice on redundancy of mysql server.Shawn Green11 Jun
          • Re: i need advice on redundancy of mysql server.Baron Schwartz11 Jun
            • Re: i need advice on redundancy of mysql server.Andrew Moore11 Jun
              • Re: i need advice on redundancy of mysql server.Baron Schwartz11 Jun
                • Re: i need advice on redundancy of mysql server.Joey L12 Jun
                  • Re: i need advice on redundancy of mysql server.Claudio Nanni12 Jun
                  • Re: i need advice on redundancy of mysql server.Johan De Meersman13 Jun
                    • Re: i need advice on redundancy of mysql server.Prabhat Kumar13 Jun
    • Re: i need advice on redundancy of mysql server.Joey L11 Jun
      • Re: i need advice on redundancy of mysql server.Andrew Moore11 Jun
        • Re: i need advice on redundancy of mysql server.Joey L11 Jun
  • RE: i need advice on redundancy of mysql server.Rick James13 Jun
    • Re: i need advice on redundancy of mysql server.Joey L14 Jun