List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Miguel Cardenas Date:June 9 2012 12:12am
Subject:Emergency backup from *.frm *.MYD *.MYI files
View as plain text
Hello

My linux system died due a bad system driver and it does not boot
ANYMORE, I am backing up my data files to restore a previous worlking
backup of the whole system that DOES NOT INCLUDE THE DATABASES...

I'm still backing up and will take some time before restore the
system, in the mean time I want to know if I can restore the databases
from the *.frm *.MYD and *.MYI files, maybe creating the databases
again and replace them with the old data files?

Or please tell me what procedure should I follow to backup my
databases FROM THE FILESYSTEM since I have not access to the mysql, I
am using a live CD to access the files...

Thanks for your help!
Thread
Emergency backup from *.frm *.MYD *.MYI filesMiguel Cardenas9 Jun
  • Re: Emergency backup from *.frm *.MYD *.MYI filesKeith Keller9 Jun
    • Re: Emergency backup from *.frm *.MYD *.MYI filesReindl Harald9 Jun