List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Simon Walter Date:June 7 2012 2:41am
Subject:Connect to MySQL server from a c++ application
View as plain text
What is the most stable and performant way to connect to a MySQL server
from a c++ application?

I've been using libmyodbc via unixODBC running under Debian squeeze.
Suffice it to say, I am sorely disappointed. First of all the libmyodbc
driver that's included with Debian is quite old. However, even after
building and utilizing the latest version, there are still memory leaks
in the driver.

I'm not stuck on using ODBC. Though it's nice to be able to is use an
ODBC library so that I can connect to various DBs without having to
learn new APIs. There is also the benefit of being able to change
databases without much effort.

However, memory leaks are not acceptable. So I am open to suggestions.
What do other c++ programmers use?

(note: I know this is probably not the place to ask this, but the
libmyodbc mailing is dead as a door nail with people's auto-responders
going off like a digital ghost town. :/)

Thanks,

Simon

--
simonsmicrophone.com

Thread
Connect to MySQL server from a c++ applicationSimon Walter7 Jun
  • Re: Connect to MySQL server from a c++ applicationLars Nilsson7 Jun
  • Re: Connect to MySQL server from a c++ applicationSimon Walter7 Jun
    • Re: Connect to MySQL server from a c++ applicationLars Nilsson7 Jun
      • Re: Connect to MySQL server from a c++ applicationClaudio Nanni7 Jun
        • Re: Connect to MySQL server from a c++ applicationBaron Schwartz7 Jun
        • Re: Connect to MySQL server from a c++ applicationLars Nilsson7 Jun
  • Re: Connect to MySQL server from a c++ applicationSimon Walter8 Jun
    • Re: Connect to MySQL server from a c++ applicationClaudio Nanni8 Jun