List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Joey L Date:June 5 2012 8:42pm
Subject:multi master auto syncing when servers back on line
View as plain text
Hi -
I have setup mysql mult master setup on debian squeeze.
I have realized that the databases have to be initially in sync before
multi master can operate properly.

This can require a lot of down time on the one functioning server.
Is there a way to do an automatic sync from the 1 server that is still
running ??

I have found a tool dpkg package called Maakit , but having trouble
running it - get this error on the master:

 mk-table-sync -u sl2 -ppswd --print --sync-to-master --replicate
mailserver 192.168.1.11
DBI connect(';host=192.168.1.11;mysql_read_default_group=client','sl2',...)
failed: Access denied for user 'sl2'@'mybox.somedomain.com' (using
password: YES) at /usr/bin/mk-table-sync line 1284

can anyone assist with the error ?
Or can someone tell me of a better opensource tool to use to sync the
servers without a mysql dump ? my db is rather large.

thanks
Thread
multi master auto syncing when servers back on lineJoey L5 Jun
  • Re: multi master auto syncing when servers back on lineClaudio Nanni5 Jun
    • Re: multi master auto syncing when servers back on lineJoey L5 Jun
      • Re: multi master auto syncing when servers back on lineAndrew Moore5 Jun
        • Re: multi master auto syncing when servers back on lineClaudio Nanni5 Jun
          • Re: multi master auto syncing when servers back on lineJoey L6 Jun
        • Re: multi master auto syncing when servers back on lineJoey L6 Jun
          • Re: multi master auto syncing when servers back on lineAndrew Moore6 Jun