List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Reindl Harald Date:June 4 2012 12:42pm
Subject:Re: i am running mysqlrepair on 80G myisam table.
View as plain text

Am 04.06.2012 14:35, schrieb Joey L:
> i am running mysqlrepair on 80G myisam table.
> It is taking forever to repair - i am getting a lot of  "Waiting for
> table" messeges when i execute "show full processlist"
>
> 613 | p_040912   | localhost | p_040912    | Query   |   24 | Waiting
> for table | SELECT `oldurl`, `newurl
>
> Can anyone help for this ? is there anything i can tweak in the my.cnf
> file that avoids this issue - it is taking forever !!!

no - a repair always locks a table

how would you avoid this technically?
the whole table is re-created and mysql can not deal with queries at this time

additionally MyISAM does ALWAYS full table locks

i am running mysqlrepair on 80G myisam table.Joey L4 Jun
  • Re: i am running mysqlrepair on 80G myisam table.Reindl Harald4 Jun
    • RE: i am running mysqlrepair on 80G myisam table.Rick James27 Sep