List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Rick James Date:May 31 2012 6:46pm
Subject:RE: Mysql starts to die at 27 SQL processes
View as plain text
Find the queries that are not Locked.  One of them is being naughty.  Perhaps it is this
one:

| 20770707 | datadb | server1.domain.com:62606 | datadb | Query   |      36 | removing tmp
table               | SELECT SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS  wp_posts.* FROM wp_posts  INNER JOIN
wp_term_relationships ON (wp_posts. |

However, it is truncated, so it is hard to analyze fully.  (SHOW FULL PROCESSLIST).

Also need to see SHOW TABLE STATUS and SHOW CREATE TABLE for all the tables in the naughty
query.

Are the tables MyISAM?  How much RAM do you have?  Can WP be converted to InnoDB?

Probably some user has a zillion documents, and WP was not adequately designed for that
kind of scaling.

Another question -- how many WP users do you have?  If I am not mistaken, WP creates about
a dozen tables for each user.  Since MyISAM uses 3 files per table, a thousand users would
bring the Operating System to its knees!  To see how bad it is, go to the WP directory and
do
   time ls -l | wc
(if you are on unix)