List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Reindl Harald Date:May 31 2012 8:23am
Subject:Re: Best practice to minimize DB server performance effect (large
query)
View as plain text

Am 31.05.2012 09:13, schrieb Roland RoLaNd:
> Dear all,I have a task to anonymize data in 82000
> record (for the time being)i've tested my script against
> about 30  of them, and it takes about 2.4 sec for each
> query to be executed.

provide table structure and query example
sounds like a bad design without key

how can 30 updates take 2.4 seconds?

> i'm seeking help with the following:
> - what's the best way to run such a script without affecting the DB server
> performance?
>   Should i limit the script to implement N number of records at a time?
>   and then sleep or is there a better way?
> - What's the best practice of handling errors and warnings in such a situation?
> - How can i prevent the runtime errors and mysql locks?

wrong question

[--] Data in InnoDB tables: 6G (Tables: 49)
[--] Up for: 5d 11h 17m 15s (493M q [1K qps], 43K conn, TX: 38B, RX: 14B)
[--] Reads / Writes: 89% / 11%

as you can see 30 queries or even 88.000 queries must not
make any trouble if you table-design is OK

Best practice to minimize DB server performance effect (large query)Roland RoLaNd31 May
  • Re: Best practice to minimize DB server performance effect (largequery)Reindl Harald31 May
    • Re: Best practice to minimize DB server performance effect (largequery)Roland Roland31 May
      • Re: Best practice to minimize DB server performance effect (largequery)Reindl Harald31 May