List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Anupam Karmarkar Date:May 24 2012 10:39am
Subject:Re: Architectural Help
View as plain text
Dear Nigel,

Thank for reply..

See my comments below

--Anupam

________________________________
 From: Nigel Wood <nwood@stripped>
To: Anupam Karmarkar <sb_akarmarkar@stripped>; "mysql@stripped"
<mysql@stripped>
Sent: Thursday, 24 May 2012 3:35 PM

A few questions:
which is more or a problem: network outages, network capacity or query latency?
>>Network Outages is problem, between data centres
When you say "near real-time" do you need transactional consistent view on all 49 servers
or can some lag be tolerated?
>>Some lag can be tolerated considering network outage
Can any one of the 49 local servers potentially update/delete the same rows or data?
>>Yes central server can update same row or local server but not at same
time,  Few data will be updated in central location and others majorly in local.One
Application Writes in Centeral and Others in local, Local app and central app shares some
data.
Is there any natural segmentation point within the data?
>>No
Do the data centers have diverse networks so that connections to some data centers may
remain when others?
>>Yes, we have diverse nework , so connectivity will be avaiable in other data
centers.
In the event that a local data centre is totally isolated from the others what data
should it be allowed to update?
>>Loca application should always write in local database, Central Application
Updated will not be available to local.
Do your applications produce/examine  large data set querying by secondary keys or
using tull text search?
>>We dont have text search or we dont query large data
Are you in a position to modify the applications?