List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Nigel Wood Date:May 24 2012 10:05am
Subject:RE: Architectural Help
View as plain text
A few questions:
which is more or a problem: network outages, network capacity or query latency?
When you say "near real-time" do you need transactional consistent view on all 49 servers
or can some lag be tolerated?
Can any one of the 49 local servers potentially update/delete the same rows or data?
Is there any natural segmentation point within the data?
Do the data centers have diverse networks so that connections to some data centers may
remain when others?
In the event that a local data centre is totally isolated from the others what data should
it be allowed to update?
Do your applications produce/examine  large data set querying by secondary keys or using
tull text search?
Are you in a position to modify the applications?