List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johnny Withers Date:May 23 2012 3:18am
Subject:Re: Need help for performance tuning with Mysql
View as plain text
I don't see any attachments.

First, I would upgrade to 5.5 as 5.0 is very old. The upgrade process
is painless.

Second, make sure your Innodb buffer pool is allocating as much ram as
possible. I'd even go as far as adding another 8gb of ram to the
server. The buffer pool setting is going to give you the best
performance increase.

Also, what kind of hard disks do you have the data files on? Raid? No raid?

Sent from my iPad

On May 22, 2012, at 9:08 PM, Yu Watanabe <yu.watanabe@stripped> wrote:

> Hello all.
>
> I would like to ask for advice with performance tuning with MySQL.
>
> Following are some data for my server.
>
> CPU    : Xeon(TM) 2.8GHz (2CPUs - 8core total)
> Memory : 8GB
> OS     : RHEL 4.4 x86_64
> MySQL  : MySQL 5.0.50sp1-enterprise
>
> Attached file
> # my.cnf.txt                  : my.cnf information
> # mysqlext_20120522131034.log : variable and status information from mysqladmin
>
> I have 2 database working with high load.
>
> I wanted to speed up my select and update queries not by
> optimizing the query itself but tuning the my.cnf.
>
> I have referred to following site,
> http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/server-status-variables.html
>
> and read "Hiperformance Mysql vol.2" ,
> and increased the following values,
>
> table_cache
> thread_cache_size
> tmp_table_size
> max_heap_table_size
>
> but made not much difference.
>
> According to the ps and sar result
>
> *1 PS result
> Date       Time      CPU%  RSS     VSZ
> 2012/5/22  21:00:39  109   294752  540028
>
> *2 SAR
> Average CPU user 25%
>            sys  5%
>            io   3%
>
> I assume that MySQL can work more but currently not.
>
> I am considersing to off load 1 high load database to
> seperate process and make MySQL work in multiple process.
>
> It would be a great help if people in this forum can give
> us an adivice for the tuning.
>
> Best Regards,
> Yu Watanabe

Need help for performance tuning with Mysql Yu Watanabe23 May
  • Re: Need help for performance tuning with MysqlYu Watanabe23 May
    • Re: Need help for performance tuning with MysqlTsubasa Tanaka23 May
      • Re: Need help for performance tuning with MysqlYu Watanabe23 May
        • Re: Need help for performance tuning with MysqlTsubasa Tanaka23 May
          • Re: Need help for performance tuning with MysqlAndrew Moore23 May
            • Re: Need help for performance tuning with MysqlAnanda Kumar23 May
  • Re: Need help for performance tuning with MysqlJohnny Withers23 May
    • Re: Need help for performance tuning with MysqlYu Watanabe24 May
  • RE: Need help for performance tuning with Mysql Rick James23 May
    • Re: Need help for performance tuning with MysqlYu Watanabe24 May
      • Re: Need help for performance tuning with MysqlAlex Schaft24 May
        • Re: Need help for performance tuning with MysqlAlex Schaft24 May
          • Re: Need help for performance tuning with MysqlYu Watanabe24 May
      • RE: Need help for performance tuning with MysqlRick James24 May
        • Re: Need help for performance tuning with MysqlPrabhat Kumar30 May