List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Daevid Vincent Date:May 20 2012 12:09am
Subject:RE: SQL query help. Retrieve all DVDs that have at least one scene of a certain encoding format
View as plain text
There are a bunch of other columns in all these tables. A quick reason is
need the dvd.title too therefore the dvd table is needed. Another reason is
that the query is generated programmatically based upon parameters passed to
a method. But yes, I do she your point and maybe I can refactor some things
in this special case.

I haven't tried your query as I'm home and not at work right ATM, but I
think you need a DISTINCT dvd_id right? Otherwise I'll get a bunch of rows
all with the same dvd_id since multiple scene_ids will match.