List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Reindl Harald Date:May 14 2012 9:31pm
Subject:Re: Performance question
View as plain text

Am 14.05.2012 23:05, schrieb Nicolas Rannou:
> *1*  to create 3 tables:*
> user - info about a user
> images - info about an image
> user_image_mapping
>
> *2* to create 2 tables*
> user - info about a user
>  -> a field would contain a list which represents the ids of the images
> the user can look at?
> images - info about an image

3 tables because there is no fast way to deal with
"a field would contain a list which represents the ids"

what i love to do is a comma-seperated field in the main-table
and a function in my applications which builds the mappings

for me it makes it easier to build UIs and look at a single
record without doing joins for rapid development

the function for refresh the mappings is triggered in edit/add/delete

Performance questionNicolas Rannou14 May
  • Re: Performance questionReindl Harald14 May