List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johan De Meersman Date:May 14 2012 1:55pm
Subject:Re: New Fast MySQL Compatible Server (Take 2)
View as plain text
----- Original Message -----
> From: "Hiromichi Watari" <hiromichiwatari@stripped>
>
> I uploaded the technology whitepaper to the website.

Hmm, interesting idea, to allocate a thread per table - I can imagine it's going to be
pretty heavy on the thread cache, though :-) How does it respond to self-joins,
subselects and other fancy bits?

Similar things get done in both NDB and Oracle's Exadata systems, but there the multiple
search threads are on different bits of the same table, and cross-machine. I'm not sure
wether they have something similar to what you're doing.

--
Bier met grenadyn
Is als mosterd by den wyn
Sy die't drinkt, is eene kwezel
Hy die't drinkt, is ras een ezel
Thread
New Fast MySQL Compatible Server (Take 2)Hiromichi Watari10 May
  • Re: New Fast MySQL Compatible Server (Take 2)Reindl Harald10 May
  • Re: New Fast MySQL Compatible Server (Take 2)Johan De Meersman11 May
    • Re: New Fast MySQL Compatible Server (Take 2)Giles Coochey11 May
      • Re: New Fast MySQL Compatible Server (Take 2)Hiromichi Watari15 May
    • Re: New Fast MySQL Compatible Server (Take 2)Hiromichi Watari12 May
      • multiple instances in win 7 -- any ideaCharles Brown13 May
      • Re: New Fast MySQL Compatible Server (Take 2)Johan De Meersman14 May
Re: multiple instances in win 7 -- any ideaShawn Green14 May
  • Re: multiple instances in win 7 -- any ideaClaudio Nanni15 May